Thursday, January 5, 2012

photo a day challenge for january - day five





















Day 5 | 12.32pm | Adelaide | #janphotoaday | Something you wore.

So, these are from the nineties. It would be cool to say they were vintage from the sixties or seventies but I'm not quite that cool. Nevertheless, I'm glad I still have them. I remember wearing them on a trashy bus tour through Adelaide on one of my first big nights out. I was a late starter and didn't really bother clubbing while underage so I think I was eighteen at the time. For those of you who don't know what a bus tour is I'll explain. Basically a bus takes you from dodgy night-club to dodgier night-club all the while plying you with beer and mystery cocktail mix between stops.

I thought I looked pretty cool in my platforms, black turtleneck (okay it probably was more like a skivvy) and black miniskirt. I can't remember what movie about the sixties I was trying to embody. Maybe Backbeat or possibly Secrets with Dannii Minogue. Probably both. I may have looked okay at the beginning of the night, in a try-hard kind of way, but I'm pretty sure any trace of class would have been destroyed by the end of the night. I do remember dancing and not falling over though. Always a good thing.

What's this all about? Check out this link for more info.

Cheers, Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment