Tuesday, January 10, 2012

photo a day challenge for january - catch up

I have been taking photos each day for this project and uploading them to instagram but I am a little behind in blogging about them. Better late than never though so here goes...

Day 10 | 6.43pm | Adelaide | #janphotoaday | Childhood.

This bunny was given to me by my maternal grandparents when I was born. It seems to be the only toy that I have hung onto from childhood although I don't remember getting rid of the others along the way. I have a photo album filled with nostalgic shots of my childhood. I love the round corners of the old photos and the colours produced by the old school film. I remember the poncho I was wearing in the photo on the bottom right. It was a favourite. This photo reflects one of my earliest memories. I'm pretty sure my dad took the photo and I was leaning in to see what the camera was all about. It is one of those moments where you aren't sure if the memory is real or just created by the photo. I like to believe that it was real.


Day 9 | 6.40pm | Adelaide | #janphotoaday | Daily routine.

Bath time with dad. This is our little fella, Elliott. Bath time is mostly a fun experience depending on how tired Elliott is. He is a grand sleeper when he is at home but on childcare days he doesn't always get enough of a nap. This can lead to occasional hysterics but overall he is a pretty happy chappy.


Day 8 | 9.12am | Adelaide | #janphotoaday | Your sky.

This one is pretty self explanatory. I contemplated whether to include the trees or not for probably longer than necessary. The greenery won.


Day 7 | 8.00am | Adelaide | #janphotoaday | Favorite: toasted sour dough, one butter, one Promite.

A great Aussie debate is always Promite vs. Vegemite. I have to admit, I like both. Promite is probably the go to for me. I love Vegemite on toast accompanied by a cup of Earl Grey tea. Lately though I have been off tea a bit and therefore have been spreading Promite on my toast more often. We have had a couple of days of cooler weather here in Radelaide so I might go a cup of tea and some toast with Vegemite for breakkie tomorrow. Right now though... I feel like ice-cream!

Cheers for now, Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment